Chamblee Animal Hospital began its presence in the community when we were just beginning to be Atlanta's preferred suburb. Our first facility was located where you now will find the Chamblee Post Office. Half the building was the hospital and the other half sold Hotpoint appliances.
Our present building was built in 1959 by Dr. Robert L. Jones and Dr. William Mosher. The doors openned to the public in 1960, and service has continued into this new century. Dr. Jones led the practice until his retirement in 1978 when Dr. Dwight Wiest became the senior veterinarian.
Dr. Dwight Wiest
Dr. Dwight Wiest was born in Pennsylvania. His family moved to Atlanta in 1960. He graduated from UGA in veterinary medicine. He is the senior veterinarin and owner of the practice. He and his wife, Patricia, have two grown children and eight grandchildren. His hobbies include playing with his grandchildren, reading and model railroading.
Dr. Michele Harris is a native Georgian. She graduated from UGA-CVM. Her special areas of interest include general surgery and medicine. Her personal interests include reading; karate; and gaming. She spends her free time with her family and pets. (dogs, cat, leopard geckos, beardies, snakes)